For purposes of this Policy, “personally identifying information” means information that can be used on its own or with other information to de-anonymize data or to identify, contact, or locate a single person. “Personal Information” means personally identifying information and/or potentially personally identifying information.
- Non-Personal Information
- Website Visitors: Like most website operators, we collect non-Personal Information about Website visitors of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We collect such non-Personal Information to better understand how visitors use the Website.
- Aggregated Statistics: We may collect statistics about the behavior of Website visitors, and we may use these statistics for marketing or internal purposes. For instance, we may disclose how much traffic the Website received in a given period. However, we do not disclose Personal Information other than as described in Section 2 below.
- Personal Information - We collect the following information, which may be Personal Information:
- Account Information. When you order a Novi device through the Website, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, billing and shipping address, credit card information, emergency contacts, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and set up the Services. If you create a Novi account, we will store your name, billing address, and shipping address. As explained in Section 3(c), We do not collect or store your credit card information.
- Device Information. If you use a Novi device, we will store information about your device, a history of your device settings, and data collected by your device, including location data, usage data, log file information, and images taken from the device.
- Third-Party Information. We may also store certain information from third parties, if necessary to provide the Services. For example, we may store login data for social media accounts that you link to the Services or security monitoring services that you wish to access the Services on your behalf.
- Protection of Personal Information - We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of Personal Information.
- Disclosure of personal information: We disclose Personal Information only to those of our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know such information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide the Services, and (ii) have agreed not to disclose it to others. Our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- Disclosure to third parties: We will not disclose Personal Information to parties other than our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations described above unless (i) we are required to do so by law, or (ii) we believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the Company, third parties, or the public at large. We do not rent or sell Personal Information to anyone.
- Credit card information: We process all payments through Stripe and therefore do not collect or store your credit card information. To the degree that we acquire your credit card information or any related information, we will keep that information confidential and will not share it with any third parties without your prior informed consent.
- Email communication: If you are a registered user of the Services and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or to notify you of important changes, updates, or events related to the Services. To keep this type of email to a minimum, we communicate such information primarily through our blog and Twitter.
- Publication of user communication: If you send us a request (for example, a request for technical support) through an email to customer support or through our other feedback mechanisms, we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Children - We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will promptly take steps to delete the information.
- Information Security - We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information. Our employees have access to your Personal Information only on a need-to-know basis. Contracts with our third party service providers require them to keep information confidential. Sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is transmitted between your web browser and the Website. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem. Emails you send to us through our Website are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.