- Ensure your Novi Cam is powered on and connected to your Novi Hub. Try taking a photo on command to see if a photo gets through. If it doesn’t work, see the "When Novi Cam takes a photo it fails to display in the App" section. If it works, then you know your Novi Cam is on and connected to your system.
- Ensure the Novi Cam is “armed”. It won’t detect motion unless it is armed. Try arming it, and see if it will detect motion when you are very close to the Novi Cam. Once that works, try moving further and further away to test the limits of the motion detector in your environment.
- Open the Novi App, navigate to the Novi Hub Settings panel, and increase the Motion Sensitivity.
- Check to see if the Novi Cam is detecting your motion now.
- Keep in mind that a higher motion sensitivity means that the Novi Cam will detect motion more quickly.
Try moving the Novi Cam closer to the location you want to cover. Be mindful of the place you choose on the ceiling. The optimal path for the motion detector is walking in a direction that is perpendicular to the line of the sight coming from the middle of the motion detector. Keep that in mind while placing it on the ceiling. Also, the usable distance of the motion detector is up to 25 feet. The further away you get from the detector, the larger the detection zones are, and the more distance you need to cover before it detects an event. Check to see if the Novi Cam is detecting your motion now.